The Entrepreneurial PM :
Thinking Beyond the Process
Are you ready to accelerate your project management career?
OverviewOrganisations are looking for flexible project managers who can make quick decisions and seamlessly navigate risks and ambiguity. These high-performing project managers possess a set of entrepreneurial skills that help them effectively navigate a dynamic project environment. Yet, according to Gartner (2018), less than 30% of project managers currently possess entrepreneurial skills. Adding entrepreneurial skills to a project manager’s capabilities elevates the project manager to project leader and positions them as a business partner. It increases their ability to steer the project, and team, through inevitable changes, barriers and stakeholder challenges to achieve project and business success.
During this program participants will develop an understanding of the entrepreneurial mind set and learn the advanced tools and techniques relating to the entrepreneurial application of project management. The program focuses on developing entrepreneurial capabilities to expand the role of project management and empower project practitioners to become strategic business partners.
The Entrepreneurial Project Manager is 40% more likely to deliver project business outcomes than traditional project managers due to the mastery of entrepreneurial skills and associated competencies.
They embrace change, foster innovation and deliver optimal business value. [Gartner 2018]
ParticipantsThis program is for project managers who:
- want to elevate their capabilities and step up as a project leaders and strategic business partners
- are looking for the tools to manage projects in complex or changing environments, increase project benefits and improve stakeholder and team satisfaction and engagement.
Learning Outcomes OverviewOn completion of this program paricipants will be able to:
- Recognise the important role of entrepreneurship in delivering business value from projects.
- Develop an ‘executive and entrepreneurial mindset’ as it applies to project delivery and business outcomes.
- Identify and analyse the impact of the latest trends on the future of organisations, projects and the workplace.
- Develop strategies to challenge executive thinking to increase project and organisational value.
- Identify and maximise the ripple effect of your projects.
- Activate an opportunity seeking mindset and implement appropriate management tools.
- Identify opportunities to build sustainability into the project and the product lifecycle
- Apply the concept of stakeholder expectation transfer to the benefit of your projects.
- Utilise the concept of brand loyalty to the benefit of your project
- Identify and develop strategies to overcome “set in stone” project inhibitors.
- Determine if/how the emerging field of “metamorphic design” may be applied to the benefit of your project.
- Apply the concept of resourcefulness (versus resources) and the principles of leverage, to address unrealistic project constraints.
- Observe the concept of the “anxiety economy” playing out in your project and determine how to apply health and wellness strategies to support your team.
- Manage scope ambiguity and constant change.
- Create a unique project management approach relevant to your project and environment by understanding the purpose of a range of common Project Management methodologies and standards including agile, waterfall, rolling wave, RAD, PRINCE and PMBOK.
Workshop InvestmentTwo-day face-to-face training program – $1,495.00 + GST includes:
- 2 Day Intensive Workshop delivered by master facilitators and industry experts
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each day
- Workbooks + take home course materials
- Access to online materials following workshop
- Access to our exclusive online Entrepreneurial PM Community
- 1 x 45m Goal Setting Coaching Session: At the start, working with your EMP Coach (who will be one of the expert facilitators) you will set your 12 week skill development goal/s.
- 2 x 60m One-on-One coaching/mentoring sessions : 15 min goal accountability + support, 45m coaching//mentoring
- 3 x Q&A Webinars where we share real world applications of principles and delve deeper into a range of topics relevant to the group
- Access to our exclusive EPM community (which is included in the price of the workshop)
EMP In Motion Investment
- $1,250.00 + GST if purchased after the workshop
- $875 + GST if purchased at time of booking the workshop (30% discount) bringing your total investment to $2,370+GST
Brisbane: 13 - 14 November Register Here
Duration 2 days
Two day intensive. 8:30 am to 5:30 pm each day.
This program is delivered as a face to face workshop, with optional online and face to face coaching following completion,
Next Level Coaching
Our 12 week EPM in Motion Coaching + Mentoring Program can be added to this program to fast track skills development and transfer to the workplace.
If you would like this run as in in house program we can contextualise it to your requirements and run the workshop at the venue of your choice.
The program is delivered by two experienced subject matter experts and master facilitators.
This program has been designed to create a practical, experiential and accelerated learning environment.